Monday, February 14, 2011

A TEAM EFFORT


A small act of kindness has a huge impact on an entire village.

Two days before the books arrived at Mombasa port, inABLE hosted Dialogue in the Dark Business Leadership workshops in Nairobi, Kenya. After the workshops, I met the Managing Director of Bidco LTD. Mr. Vimal Shah. As soon as we were introduced my heart and mind began racing, “maybe he has a shipping container to house the many books en-route”.

Keep in mind that while Mr. Shah had heard of me from a mutual friend, he had only just met me in person. To my surprise, our biggest challenge was eliminated with an out stretched hand and a generous response “give me a call on Monday and we can plan the delivery of a container for your library”. I was shaking with excitement and joy. Did he really say YES? I could not wait to tell the whole world. Unbelievable!!!!

Miracles do happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment